Saturday, November 16, 2013

Blog revisions: economics

Although I don’t think I’ve ever stated it I operate a “no revisions” policy to this blog. I don’t take things down, and I rarely modify past entries. OK, I might change it in the 10 minutes or so after I first post to fix typos and gaffes I see once I see it online but otherwise I avoid doing so.

But my recent posts on software economics, supply and demand, contained inaccuracies. Or rather the graphs I published didn’t follow economics convention. The logic was (mostly) right but the graphs were wrong. I rushed out one fix and breathed a sigh of relief.

Then last night on my way back from Riga I noticed another flaw. I won’t go into details but I’m now fixing/fixed it.

Several times in the past I’ve attempted to capture my thoughts on software economics but nothing I’ve ever written has seen the light of day. As I continue this analysis I’m finding more insights I hope to share. I’m also - possibly - making errors.

I hope other readers who think they know economics can help debug my posts. They will be better for it.

In the meantime, sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.